Lava Hot Springs Picture Frenzie

Fathers Day weekend we had a total blast in Lava Hot Springs, which means I'm about to blast your computer/smart phone with about a million pictures of the trip. Here we go in 3... 2... 1...

My parents decided to stop 10 minutes outside of town for lunch so we hung out with them while they ate and Logan provided the entertainment.

 Cory and I decided to wait until we got to Lava to find lunch. After finding a Mexican food truck, I feel like we won the day in choices.
 My big brother came from Wyoming and once everyone arrived we rented some tubes and ran the river. It was only 70 degrees that day and the water was freezing, but it was fun! Cory and I took the girls down once and it freaked them out, so I stayed with them after the first run because they didn't want to go again. Maybe next time we get them to go more than once.
 My mom was amazing enough to shuttle us back and forth and watch Logan, who was a serious pain.
 It took some trial and error to figure out how to put the tubes in the truck safely.
 **We interrupt your scrolling to bring you a random picture that got out of order somehow, and I'm too lazy to try and fix. Embrace it. It's what the picture would have wanted.**

 My sister and younger brother went on single tubes and did not have a great experience... Next time, quad -tubes for all and all for quad-tubes!
 After the river we went back to camp and played some games and such.
 The kids found the one mud puddle within a half-mile radius and circled it like vultures.
 and sat around the fire eating s'mores and hanging out.
 Our first night was rough. It's always rough. If we based trips off the first night we would never go anywhere. Logan slept terribly and was beyond tired, but that didn't phase his cuteness. I kinda wanted to like him less, but I just couldn't.
He did much better the next two nights. He sleeps on the bed with us in our trailer and I kinda love it. Once he knows where he is and that it's where we sleep, he does much better and he's so fun to cuddle with. We had some pretty wicked thunderstorms the first two nights. The first night it scared him pretty badly. We were camping in a big open field and the lightning was super close so to be honest, it scared me, too! But the second night we just held hands and he would squeeze my hand on a particularly loud clap of thunder then close his eyes and go back to sleep. He's amazing, you guys.

Day two we headed for the pool cause the forecast called for rain and we wanted to soak up the good weather while we could. We stayed for about 5 hours and never got rained on, so that was great.
 Rain wouldn't have mattered anyway because all the kids wanted to stay inside the whole time.

 Some got more worn out than others.
 Some got hungrier than others.
 Some were more helpful than others.
 Kennedy was a little shark in the water! I'm so proud of her swimming skills!

Swimming kind of wiped us all out. I love this nephew of mine. He's 2 weeks older than Brynlie and he's so great!

 Those freaking lashes.
Monday the weather was pretty stormy, but that didn't stop us from having fun! Whenever there was a break in the rain we took advantage of all our campsite had to offer. Or at least the kids did. I sat and ate my weight in chips and salsa and enjoyed watching them play.

 It was so freaking gorgeous up there!!

The rain didn't bother us because we saved Monday for the hot tubs! It was the perfect weather for it. Kennedy didn't want to go because she was scared it was going to be too hot. But she loved it and it took the I'm-threatening-you-with-your-life-as-quietly-as-I-can-in-public-without-making-a-scene-and-getting-the-cops-called-on-us-voice (and some psychical tugging) to get her to leave. You know that voice; it's the one that kind of sounds like Batman.
 He does cry sometimes, I promise.
 I love our butt crack photo-bomb. Also my head looks like Mega-mind.
That night all the grand kids got to have a sleepover in Grandmas trailer, which meant Cory and I went to bed cuddled up with just our little buddy.
Tuesday we packed up camp and then headed into town to walk around and find some lunch before we headed home. The town was deserted on a weekday. I think we saw maybe 7 other people. But we found a great lunch spot and the kids got the best kids meal they've ever had!! I won't lie, I was this close to asking the waitress to take my food and bring it back in a car-box.
 The drive home was oddly peaceful and pleasant.
It was so much fun! I sure love family time. I can't wait to go back up there again.

No comments: