I've been choosing routes with hills so I can become a stronger runner. The route I ran today has several miles of uphill and I ran the entire 11 miles without stopping. I was extremely proud of myself. The end of the monster hill gets pretty steep, too, and I usually need to stop and take a break somewhere during it, but not today! I was in beast-mode! I was able to make up for my slower pace after I conquered the hill and was pleased with my average pace. Not bad for a long run! I felt incredible minus breathing in toxic air the entire time. My voice was hoarse when I got back. I hate Utah winters.
After my run I came home and showered and put on my new leggings my awesome friend, Lisa gave me.
Then we had a girls date planned with lunch and a high school play. Lunch was fun, until Grandma left to go to the bathroom
Looks like she will be up late tonight. Yay! (Not.)
I get kind of annoyed when people complain about not having "someone" for Valentine's Day. First of all, I agree this holiday is stupid. But it's a day to show anyone you love in your life some affection. It doesn't have to be a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse type person. I think we all have someone or even someTHING in our lives that we love and are grateful for. In honor of the dumbest holiday ever, I'm going to share with you my valentines.
1. Obviously, my family. Cory, the girls, and our extended families as well. I'm kind of stuck with them forever, and I'm ok with that.
2. My friends. Oh man, I have some incredible friends. Sometimes I feel like a loner when I see someone has 500-600 Instagram followers or when they have to rent out a public facility for parties because they know so many people. But as the saying goes, it's not quantity that matters, it's quality. I know some wonderful people that I have laughed with, cried with, sweat with, trusted, and loved. They're my second family and I'm grateful for a support system like them. You know who you are.
3. Physical activity and all that goes with it. I love exercise. I love workout clothes. I'm obsessed with my running shoes (I have definitely found "the one")! I love having callouses on my hands and sore muscles. I love pumping my legs and feeling the burn in my lungs when I run. I love how happy it all makes me.
4. Mexican food. Tacos, burritos, enchiladas... I don't discriminate.
5. Makeup. I love feeling pretty and finding new products that amaze the crap out of me. It's rare that I actually get to get all dolled up, but I love it when I do.
6. Our house. It's not much to look at right now, but it already feels like home and I can't wait to move in.
7. Music. I love singing, playing the piano, jamming out to good music with a good beat or message.
8. Sunshine. You never know what you have until it's gone, right? I'm so dang ready for spring.
Happy love day, everyone!