In the stress of it all we've talked about what we should do in the event that this lasts a while. Although we still don't know the whole story on whether or not Cory may receive all his hours again, we've concluded that it has been long enough and that it's time for a drastic change.
With thought and prayer, we both felt today that our best choice would be to rent our home for a year and move in with my parents to pay off our student loans and our car. We could breathe much easier without that debt weighing us down.
This choice has been very hard to make and I've shed a lot of tears today. But I also feel a lot of peace knowing how much this will help us in the long run. And we will be back. Our house is still our house. Someone else will just be living in it for a while.
We want to remain in our ward since we will be back and we're only moving 5 minutes away. And I don't want to wait another 6 months for Kennedy to adjust to a new nursery class again and I love teaching our youth. I guess that's something we'll have to run by our bishop.
The decision was made today so we don't have an exact timeline yet. I normally would wait to announce this but we are in need of clean, reliable, honest renters. So if you know of anyone who is looking for a 3 bedroom home to rent, please send them our way. If we had to, we could be ready to rent starting about the middle of November.
It's been a challenging and humbling 6 months but we've learned a lot about faith in The Lord. We get to exercise that faith now and trust that everything will be ok and we will benefit greatly from the huge change. I guess our lives are anything but boring.