Kennedy's First Birthday!

Holy crap, my baby is one! Seriously, I don't know how that happened. Yesterday was so surreal as I played back that day a year ago. I kept saying annoying things like "At this time last year we were going into the hospital and it was the most terrified I'd ever been" or "At this time last year they broke my water." Yep, I was one of those. I can't believe how far one year has taken us. Kennedy is such a joy and such a blessing and I'm proud of Cory and I for making it this far! Granted, I was totally exhausted last night, but I went to bed crying because of how grateful I am for her. I love her more than words will ever be able to describe.

Ok, so let me tell you all about her big day. We started the morning off with a trip to the zoo with the majority of my family, Cory's brother Dustin, and our sweet neighbor. We had a really good time. The new Rocky Shores exhibit is pretty dang cool and the polar bear sure knew how to perform. There were gobs of people and every time the bear would move to another window a mob of kids and mean moms with strollers would crowd to the next window. So, we just staked out a spot at a vacant window and waited for it to come to us. It paid off because we got an up close encounter. Kennedy loved it!

She also got to have a close up encounter with the grizzly bear.

And here are some more random photo's from the zoo. I'm super pissed because we took some big group photos and I know those pictures were on my phone. I saw them. Then on the way home my phone froze and I had to reset it and they were gone. I don't know what happened. I'm not a happy camper about it because it was a CUTE bunch of pictures. :(

I started to get cranky and panicky after a couple hours because I expected us to be done with the zoo after maybe two hours and we weren't even half way done. We still had TONS more to do at home before her party and time was running out. After being ignored the first 15 times I said "We need to hurry," or "We need to go." I finally got frustrated enough that Cory believed me and we left before we saw the monkey's (my favorite) or anything else really. Kennedy enjoyed it a lot more this time and she especially loved the little teeny monkeys that are in the reptile house. We'll need to go back just the three of us and see more animals.

We got home and put Kennedy down for a much needed nap and the hard work began. Her party was fun and a huge success but I won't say it was all sunshine and flowers. It was a boat-load of work and I'll probably never do a big party at my house again. I spent two days cleaning the house and yard and never sat down or even ate as soon as we got home yesterday as I tried to get things ready. By the time guests arrived, I was near tears from exhausting from the heat, hauling tables, chairs, food, etc up and down the stairs to the backyard 100 times, and from not having eaten anything. My back hurt so bad I was trying not to cry all night. BUT... we did have tons of fun and I'm grateful that so many people came and were generous enough to share their time with us. I think Kennedy had a great time, too! We had a BBQ and sat and ate and enjoyed company. There was a kiddie pool for the little ones and they loved it! I wish we had a big pool because it was hot and all the adults were dying haha. After we ate dinner, Kennedy opened her presents, which she got tons of (Thanks, everyone!), and then we had cake. She started out eating pretty daintily and then finally started making a mess towards the end. Then she got super tired and upset and had a major meltdown when I tried to hose her off. She calmed down after a while though.

 The present watching crew
 Clearly the pool was awesome!
 Grandpa and Grandma Hunter rocked the house and got her a plush rocking-horse that she LOVED!!!
 She just sat on it and was so excited and kept smiling at everyone. We all had a good laugh.

I have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped clean up yesterday, especially Lisa who did most of the dishes and put food away. I started crying when I saw the mess we had to clean up and I was already so dang tired. But it all got done and I was in bed by 8:30.

Kennedy is bursting with personality and has a flare for the dramatics. She's into everything and climbing on stuff and even walking!! Yay! We love her to death!
I think this is her favorite place in the kitchen
 She loves the kiddie pool! And playing with other kiddos.
 By far her favorite stuffed animal

 I had to get pictures of this morning hair!

 She climbs into EVERYTHING!
 I was hauling stuff in and out yesterday and came back in and found her like this. It wouldn't worry me if she knew how to get back down, but I don't think she does yet.

And finally, a short clip of her walking.

No comments: