I never ceases to amaze me just how powerful music is. Last night, my mom took "Tollin" and I to see Jon Schmidt. I love his concerts. It was so enjoyable, as always. About a quarter of the way into the concert, he decided to play the Taylor Swift meets Coldplay song. It's still difficult for me to listen to Coldplay in general, much less Viva La Vida. And of course, I bawled. It was just so intense and beautiful I couldn't help but miss Adrianne so much at that moment. Even though I felt like an idiot, I was so grateful for the experience. It was weirdly therapeutic. I was so grateful for having known such an incredible person, as well as having the gift of music on this earth. It really is a passion of mine. I resolved to dedicate more time to it last night. There's a few things in life that I've neglected that I've really enjoyed that I want to pick up again. I do too much "required" work and not enough enjoyment. So I'm going to change that.
I also wanted to take a moment and list the things I'm grateful for. I know Thanksgiving is still a week away, but if I don't do it now, I probably never will; on the blog, at least...
1. I'm eternally grateful for Cory. I still am in awe of how I found such a perfect guy. He's so genuine, honest, trustworthy, loving, talented, and thoughtful. I hear "I love you" 5 or 6 times a day just before we go out the door in the mornings. He never ceases to make me laugh, calm me down when I'm angry, hold me when I'm crying, help me when I need it, or just make me feel awesome. He is my rock. He's such a shining example to me and always helps keep me on the right path. I'm so grateful for his priesthood power and his ability to use it whenever we've needed. I love his talents and work ethic. He's my best friend and my guardian angel. I love him with all my heart and soul. (sappy, but true).
2. I'm grateful for the Gospel. I love how much security and happiness it brings into the lives of those who embrace it. I love the ability to change mistakes. I love the gift of forgiveness. I'm grateful for the blessings of the temple and the sealing power that keeps families together forever. I'm grateful for the scriptures. The guidance and lessons found within their pages are priceless. I love the power of prayer and knowing that our Father in Heaven is always watching out for us. What an incredible gift. I can't imagine my life without it.
3. We're so blessed to have such wonderful families! Both Cory and I have such amazing parents who have worked so hard their whole lives so support their children and bring happiness into the home. We've never had a moment where we've felt unloved. We have incredible, caring siblings who watch out for one another. With a team like that surrounding us, we're the luckiest people on earth.
4. I'm grateful for our home and cars. We have so much more than many people on this earth. It humbles me every day to know that we've never had to suffer without the things we need before. We've always had money to pay our bills. We've always had food to eat, clothes to wear, and a warm bed to sleep in. I can't imagine complaining about that. I get so upset when I see people who are so wrapped up in greed and possessions. No ones perfect obviously, but I always have to tell myself how lucky we are that we have what we have. We've been so blessed.
5. I'm so grateful to have such wonderful friends. It's been a rough year in the friend department for me. But I can't explain the gratitude that fills my heart when I think of those who have been there for me and continue to enrich my life. I have some amazing influences to rely on. Thanks for being there and loving me for me, and teaching me so many wonderful things. I love you all!
6. I already mentioned this above, but I'm grateful for music and for my talents in the subject. I'm no Mozart, but I'm glad I can help share this gift with others.
7. I'm grateful for a strong head on my shoulders. I'm far from perfect, and certainly not a genius, but I'm happy to have my smarts and ability to think logically. Most of the time :)
8. I'm grateful for our jobs. They're a tough commodity these days so we are truly so lucky to have them. Not to mention, a job I absolutely LOVE!! It's tiring and stressful some days, but I never have to wonder what my purpose is or if I'm making a difference. I am so lucky to be able to do something I love and be surrounded with such incredible, happy children.
9. I don't understand how people can go through this life and never appreciate the nature that is around us. God has created a breathtaking world for us to enjoy. I am so grateful for that and for the chances we take to get out and forget the trivial cares of our lives.
10. I'm happy we have the opportunity to get an education. Knowledge is such an incredible power, and I'm grateful for the chance to expand on mine (Cory, as well) and use it for greater purposes. It's such a huge deal!
We have a life overflowing with blessings. I'm so thankful to my Father in Heaven for the countless blessings we enjoy. Life can't get much better than this! :)
I can't take it anymore. I'm kind of losing my mind and it's becoming difficult to be kind to others. I'm too weighed down by things I can't control. I'm not a valuable resource anymore. I'm done trying. Sometimes when things get messed up so bad, you need to throw away the pieces and start over. So, time to start fresh. Tomorrow is a brand new day.
Posted by Megan and Cory at 6:54 PM