I am so excited for summer! We've been kicking off the warm weather the right way by doing as many fun things as possible. Cory got tickets to the Bee's game last night, so we made a date out of it. We went and got sushi and sat there talking about stuff when we realized something. 2 years ago yesterday was the night of that blessed camping trip where we met and started dating. So we decided to celebrate our "2 year anniversary" so to speak. Anyway, so we headed to the game and had a lot of fun. I'm pretty sure the Bee's won. When we left they were up by 6 with 1 inning left. Yeah, we should have stayed, but the game was flirting with our bedtime, so we left. Anyway, I cannot believe we've only known each other for 2 years. It seems like we've been together forever. Which is how it should feel I guess right? I am the luckiest girl in the world. Cory is for sure my better half. He always makes me happy and is constantly making me laugh... case in point, this picture:
He's my personal angel. Although, I think the best part of this picture is the guy behind us.
Anyway, I also wanted to write a montage to my mom and my sister. I tell my mom how much I love her a lot, but in honor of Mother's Day being Sunday, I decided I should let her know why she rocks.
1. You were always my best friend growing up and still compete with Cory for that title now. I know you will always be there for me and that I can trust you with anything.
2. You let me complain just about every day. I know I can always call you and vent and you'll help me feel better.
3. I'm your little clone and I love that we think a like and love the same things.
4. You are always working your butt off for us. Even now that most of us (cough, cough, Collin) are independent you still work to provide us with little things here and there. That shows true devotion.
5. You aren't an over barring mom and because of that, you let me learn and grow on my own. I believe that's made me stronger and more independent.
6. You have always put family first and I know that will never change.
7. You tell me when I'm being stupid. I need that. A lot.
8. You take time to love each of us (your kids) individually. We all cherish one-on-one mom time.
9. You taught me to love music and it has become a major part of who I am.
10. Even when we are giving you crap or making stupid choices, you never love us any less and we know it. Your love is pure and true.
11. You're rock solid testimony of the Gospel has been an inspiration to me throughout my whole life.
12. I LOVE YOU!!
Yeah, my mom is the best. I also want to tell my sister why I love her. Lisa, you're awesome. I know we haven't always been super close. I blame the tide. And swine flu. But seriously, you're my sister and I love you so much. I will always hold close to me those years when we were both in Logan and we grew a little closer. You were there for me, and got my lazy butt to the gym. You're very caring of others. You love to surprise us and spoil us when you can. You've been a shining example of the Lord and I know you are so blessed because of that. You're a lot of fun to be with when we get to do things together. You watch out for us younger siblings and we know that you love us very much. Lisa, you're awesome and don't ever forget that. I love you too!!
Sorry to the rest of the public who's reading this, I just wanted everyone to know how lucky I am to have such incredible people in my life. And to my other family members who weren't mentioned your time is coming :) I LOVE MY LIFE!!