9.22.2008

Rants and Raves

I've had a lot on my mind the last couple of days. A few things have been kind of bugging me. I think the first thing is I'm sick of being treated a certain way just because of the stage of life I am in right now. Before I met Cory, no matter what I did, I was always treated like an 18 year old. People assumed I was immature and just living a "care free" life. Everyone treated me like I didn't understand the important things in life. Also, as is tradition, people were ALWAYS asking me when I was going to get married - like that was the only thing that mattered in life. This is one reason it's difficult to live in Utah. But I wont get into that. Anyway, it finally got to the point where people were making me feel guilty because I wasn't married yet. I was taking my time. I wasn't in a rush to grow up. And the same holds true for the stage of life I am in now. I'm happily married now. Have been for 3 months. In case you didn't catch that, I've been married for 3 months! I've already got people bombarding me with "when are you going to have a baby?"
Come on people, are you serious?! Just because 75% of my friends the same age have a baby already, and the other 25% are starting to have their second, DOES NOT mean I need to start "catching up." I don't care if people chose that earlier. That's fine for them and I'm happy for them. But I am not planning on moving on until I've had fun in this stage with Cory. I also wish that some of my friends or people I know would stop treating me differently just because I don't have kids yet. Yes, I understand it's more fun for them if they have someone to relate to. But they were in my stage before. Can't we relate that way for now? I'll have kids eventually. Let me go at my own speed. Unless there is an "accident," we're not planning on having kids right away. I'm not in a rush. I'm enjoying my life.
The second thing that's bugging me is kind of a touchy subject. I am so sick of hypocrites. I realize no one is perfect, but DO NOT point a finger of blame at someone if you yourself are also not doing that thing you're accusing the person of. I wish people would have more integrity.

2 comments:

Christensens said...

3 months already?! It seems like just yesterday that I was at your wonderful wedding! YAY! :) I am probably the hypocrate you are speaking of, for that, I appologize.

Marissa and Cody Jarrett said...

Wow, those 3 months did go by fast! I haven't checked your blog in a while and your Antelope Island trip looked like fun, I had no idea it was so pretty there! So, I really need to get motivated on running again! Help! Also, COdy taught me how to swim so we should go sometime soon:)